FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

2 possible bugs

bodger319

2 possible bugs Empty 2 possible bugs

Post by bodger319 Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am

In the title I put "2 possible bugs" because it may well be down to a problem with my settings.

Problem 1) Being in Germany, I am at GMT+1. The times in the main tracker window show my local time however the times in the log in the Client Status Window show an hours difference and are presumably GMT.

Problem 2)I am folding successfully on GPU (PPD 2000-2200) but CPU/SMT do not appear to be achieving anything (No percentage steps completed within an hour. Whilst trying to track the problem down, I have noticed that stopping the CPU client in the program does not terminate the core process the client is using at the time and I have to manually terminate it in the Task Manager.

ASUS P5WD2-E Mobo, 2GB RAM, Dual core Pentium 2x 2.66 GHz, GT220 Graphicscard
    XP fully patched

Regards
    Mark
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

2 possible bugs Empty Re: 2 possible bugs

Post by jedi95 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 pm

bodger319 wrote:In the title I put "2 possible bugs" because it may well be down to a problem with my settings.

Problem 1) Being in Germany, I am at GMT+1. The times in the main tracker window show my local time however the times in the log in the Client Status Window show an hours difference and are presumably GMT.

Problem 2)I am folding successfully on GPU (PPD 2000-2200) but CPU/SMT do not appear to be achieving anything (No percentage steps completed within an hour. Whilst trying to track the problem down, I have noticed that stopping the CPU client in the program does not terminate the core process the client is using at the time and I have to manually terminate it in the Task Manager.

ASUS P5WD2-E Mobo, 2GB RAM, Dual core Pentium 2x 2.66 GHz, GT220 Graphicscard
    XP fully patched

Regards
    Mark

1) This is not a bug, the Client Status window simply shows the contents of FAHlog.txt which is generated by the FAH client itself. The logs always display UTC time. This is not something I can change because it's not part of the Tracker.

2) You will need to post LOG.txt and FAHlog.txt for the SMP client if you want any help on this. Without those logfiles I don't have enough information.
    bodger319

Post by bodger319 Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:09 am

Hi jedi95,

Thank you for your answer and being willing to assist.
    On this forum I cannot find a way to attach the files to this message.

Do I need to copy and paste the text from the logs in to a message or is there an easier way?

Regards
    Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm