FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

4 posters

Update (yes/no) dialog box not to halt folding.

Transisto

Update (yes/no) dialog box not to halt folding. Empty Update (yes/no) dialog box not to halt folding.

Post by Transisto Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:25 am

There has been many updates lately. a few time I caught machines not folding because of the update dialog.
    Say after a power outage reboot.

Thank You and Happy new year
    starkreiten
    starkreiten

Update (yes/no) dialog box not to halt folding. Empty Re: Update (yes/no) dialog box not to halt folding.

Post by starkreiten Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I have windows set to notify me of updates, but not auto-magically install them. Then I can install them at MY convenience. It just might work for you too. Smile

Dana
    Transisto

Update (yes/no) dialog box not to halt folding. Empty Re: Update (yes/no) dialog box not to halt folding.

Post by Transisto Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm

? I was talking about FAHtracker updates.
    starkreiten
    starkreiten

Post by starkreiten Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Ahhh, my bad. Probably why the Tracker guide I found initially suggested not checking for updates, although that was for an older version.

Seems like a time-out on the update prompt could be a pretty simple fix. Or maybe just a non fold stopping info box that an update was available, and then go do it manually.

Happy folding!
    CadBane
    CadBane
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : Site Webmaster/Folding@Home, TrackerV2 Development

Post by CadBane Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:09 pm

There are 3 radio buttons in the setting for the tracker relating to updates.

Do not check for updates on startup

Check for updates, prompt for install

Check for updates, install automatically

I would suggest checking the first one and make sure to follow the twitter or check back on this site for updates periodically.

jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

Post by jedi95 Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I don't think a change is necessary in this case. If you have the Tracker set to start folding automatically then you should either disable the automatic updater entirely or select the option to install updates automatically. (which will allow folding to resume after the update is installed with no prompts)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 am