FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

capability of running more than 1 single core units

g3412
    g3412

capability of running more than 1 single core units Empty capability of running more than 1 single core units

Post by g3412 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:19 am

i have a slow dual core system that can not complete smp units by the preferred deadline, i am new to your client - it was suggested from another forum because i was having trouble setting up my new gt 440 - everything i tried failed, the new v7 client did not detect it and the v6 client core 63 me and i don't know how your program works or how it fixed the issue but congrats you have another folder using your program. i have to run the console version still until this is implemented. don't think this would be too hard to add.

Feature Name: CPU 2
    What does this feature do: adds another single core CPU client
    Why would this feature be useful to be include in the tracker: people that have slow dual cores that can not complete smp wu's on time can still complete 2 single core CPU wu's

perhaps even a CPU 3 option for those that run slow AMD X3 processors???
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

capability of running more than 1 single core units Empty Re: capability of running more than 1 single core units

Post by jedi95 Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 am

Unfortunately due to the V7 client release (and thus the phasing out of V6) I am no longer adding features to the current Tracker. The only updates from now on will be to fix bugs and support new versions of the V6 clients. This is mainly because the Tracker would need to be completely rewritten to support V7.

Also, adding more clients to the Tracker is extremely time consuming because a lot of the client control code is hard coded for each client. If I were to do it again I would do it differently, but re-writing it now would be pointless.

The single core CPU clients are so easy to set up that I never considered it necessary to allow multiple single core clients at a time.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am