FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

First Time User With Questions...

pferaco
    pferaco

Job/hobbies : Computers, Cars

First Time User With Questions... Empty First Time User With Questions...

Post by pferaco Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 am

Hi,
    I received an email from someone at EVGA to join in this effort and after reading about it I decided to go ahead and help if I can. I have a few questions now that I'm up and running, some are configuration related and some are more general. I'll just unload them here and hope for the best Smile

Configuration first...
    I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with a P4 3.4 ghz With Hyper Threading. Should or Can I enable it as a "Multi-Core Cpu" or just leave it as single core?

Also, the Dell system has an new EVGA GEForce GT 610 Video Card with 3gb DDR2 memory. When I auto detected the GPU it came up as "Nvidia Fermi" with the GPU 3 box enabled. This seems to go against the setup instructions I've seen so I'm curious to see if I should leave it this way or not.

I think that havong heat control is a great idea, bt I don't understand the parameters I should put in for the rules. (remember I'm brandy new to this thing!) Do I input the value from the "points" column of the GPU's project? And what percent am I going to put to keep the GPU cool and not overheat? A little confusing I tell ya....

Do I have to do anything to get this information sent in when it's done or will The tracker send it in for me?

I have a question about running multiple instances of the tracker....
    The above mentioned Dell is my secondary system, I have a newer and more powerful Gateway and want to know if I can run this on both computers at the same time, with my username and passkey and all. I can help the EVGA Team a lot more if I can run on both systems and even more if I can run multiple trackers with different projects on each system. During the day my computers sit idle, if I can run 3 or 4 trackers on each system all day it would be a decent effort and no problem for me to do. If someone could get back to me and let me know I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, I hope my doing this is going to help out somehow....

Pat
    Tedster
    Tedster
    BETA Team Member

Job/hobbies : Folding, Fish, Science Olympiad

First Time User With Questions... Empty Re: First Time User With Questions...

Post by Tedster Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:51 pm

1. you should use the single core client on the dell.

2. The Geforce 610 is based on the fermi architecture, so you need to leave that enabled. GTX 400 and newer cards can only run GPU3.

3. Heat control is useful if you need to other things with the system, as it reduces the GPU load, but it only works with the GPU2 client, as the GPU3 client ingnorse the variable it adjusts.

4. Once the client finishes the work unit, it will automatically send it in and get a new one. no worries there. points are different for the different projects, usually related to how long it takes to run them. points for the Heat control setting allow you to adjust the heat control for different work units, as some stress the gpu more than others.

5. you run one copy of the tracker on each computer. the tracker was created so you can control all of the clients from one place. use the same username, team, and passkey for every computer.
    pferaco
    pferaco

Job/hobbies : Computers, Cars

Post by pferaco Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Ted -
    Thank You So Much....
    That covers it all !!!
    Have a Great Day
    Pat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am