FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

smp bonus ppd not included

dedgar

smp bonus ppd not included Empty smp bonus ppd not included

Post by dedgar Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 am

Not sure if this is a bug or what. The SMP PPD isn't showing the PPD with bonus points included. It was in the last version for me but not now. I've let it run thru several wu's.
    GPU is showing the bonus PPD.
    dedgar

smp bonus ppd not included Empty Re: smp bonus ppd not included

Post by dedgar Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:27 am

I started looking at different things to try and figure out what's going on.
    I opened the SMP client status viewer and noticed that the WU Start Time shows the wu being started 3/3/2011 8:50:40AM. But if you look in the FAHlog.txt it shows that the wu was loaded 3/10/11 22:18:19UTC.
    Maybe that's why the status viewer also shows a Deadline in the negative numbers.
    Checked my second folder and it is doing the same.
    dedgar

Post by dedgar Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Bonus is included now running a 6901 wu. Previous times when bonus was not included the wu was a 6900. WU specific problem?
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

Post by jedi95 Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:56 pm

dedgar wrote:Bonus is included now running a 6901 wu. Previous times when bonus was not included the wu was a 6900. WU specific problem?

The problem is that starttime.txt isn't being updated. I still don't understand how this happens, so I can't fix it. I have never seen an incorrect starttime.txt or missing bonus points on any of my systems running the Tracker.

There is one special case where this can happen that I have been able to reproduce. This is where the user stops the client after it finishes a WU but before it finishes uploading. This will cause the previous starttime.txt to be used since the Tracker never detects a completed WU. If this applies in your situation, then this is simply a side effect of the -oneunit setup the Tracker uses.

Otherwise, I will need more information before I can even try to find the cause of this problem.
    dedgar

Post by dedgar Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Other than restarts where an update of some sort requires it, the only time I've done a shut down of the client is if it has sat for a long time between when it finishes a wu and picks up another.
    The smp client is the one I've had to do this to most of the time. I don't shut down and restart the client unless it has been sitting dormant for around an hour or more. It then, ususlly, picks up a new wu right away.
    dedgar

Post by dedgar Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 am

Woke up this morning with the computer working on a 6901 wu. The PPD is now not including the Bonus for it also. Had been in the past. No client shut downs for anything recently.
    Looking over the log file I see multiple instances of trying to transmit the last wu but not able to do so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:29 am