FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

2xGTX285, but can fold only with GPU0

Black_Swan

2xGTX285, but can fold only with GPU0 Empty 2xGTX285, but can fold only with GPU0

Post by Black_Swan Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:06 pm

I want to try to fold. Want to try out my whole system. My new Core i7 860 and my 2 second-hand EVGA GTX285 FTW (720MHz).

I can fold on all my 4 cpu cores with HT on, so all eight. I can fold on GPU0. But I want to use both GPU's. I've tried with SLI and without, did not change anything.

I get the a tekst box from Folding@Home that says:
    At present your GPU is not supported or you need a current driver. You may wish to consider running our standart client, wich you can download at folding.stanford.edu.

Strange. 2 identical twins. Even got the same BIOS on the GPU's but I can only use one.

Please help me out.

Edit: Great program this FAH Tracker. Seems easy. Must be my fault.
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

2xGTX285, but can fold only with GPU0 Empty Re: 2xGTX285, but can fold only with GPU0

Post by jedi95 Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:57 pm

What driver version are you using? Some older drivers might cause this message to be displayed in error.

To bypass the FAH client supported GPU check, set Nvidia G80 in the force GPU section of the Tracker's configuration. This will prevent the message from appearing, but it does not guarantee that the clients will fold correctly.

You should be able to fold with SLI enabled, but in order to fold on the second GPU with SLI disabled you will need to enable PhysX and use the force GPU setting. You can substitute turning on PhysX with a dummy plug on the second GTX 285.
    Black_Swan

2xGTX285, but can fold only with GPU0 Empty Re: 2xGTX285, but can fold only with GPU0

Post by Black_Swan Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:09 am

I've downloaded and installed the newest driver, found on EVGA, yesterday. And installed the newest SLI enhancement. So I think I've got the newest. Sorry can't check right now, because I'm not at home. I'm sending this from my HTC HD2.

So I can try to force Physx on my second GPU.

If that does not work, I can try to fake F@H to tell it I've got G80 gpu's. But doesn't this hurt my performance?

O, and what is a dummy plug?
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

Post by jedi95 Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:29 am

Using force gpu set to Nvidia G80 won't hurt performance at all. It simply tells the FAH client what WUs to get.

This is the normal startup sequence of a FAH GPU client:

1. Detect if selected GPU is present and what type it is
    2. Download WU based on type of GPU detected
    3. Run the WU

This is what happens with force GPU Nvidia G80 set:

1. Since force GPU is on assume GPU is present and use that GPU type.
    2. Download WU based on force GPU
    3. Run the WU

The WU will run the same regardless.

A dummy plug is a DVI to VGA dongle with 3 resistors in it to trick the computer into thinking a monitor is present. This allows you to extend a monitor off the secondary GPU, which enables it for CUDA use. PhysX gets around this because it allows CUDA on the second GPU regardless of if there is a monitor extended.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:59 am