FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

Logitech G15 / G19 / G510 lcd support

Bipe

Logitech G15 / G19 / G510 lcd support Empty Logitech G15 / G19 / G510 lcd support

Post by Bipe Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 am

Feature Name:

What does this feature do:
    • Show folding info on logitech lcd (running clients, ppd, etc.)
    • Control (start/stop) client

Why would this feature be useful to be include in the tracker:
    • Many folders are gamers and have g15 or similar keyboard
    • easy and quick preview of folding status
    • if in game, and forgot to pause folding and don't have your game in games list, easy and quick way to pause wu via keyboard
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

Logitech G15 / G19 / G510 lcd support Empty Re: Logitech G15 / G19 / G510 lcd support

Post by jedi95 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:28 am

Bipe wrote:Feature Name:

What does this feature do:
    • Show folding info on logitech lcd (running clients, ppd, etc.)
    • Control (start/stop) client

Why would this feature be useful to be include in the tracker:
    • Many folders are gamers and have g15 or similar keyboard
    • easy and quick preview of folding status
    • if in game, and forgot to pause folding and don't have your game in games list, easy and quick way to pause wu via keyboard

This has been suggested before, but I don't see it getting added soon due to the HUGE amount of work that it would require. There are quite a few things I would have to get working to do this:

1. The SDK for this is C++, and the Tracker is VB.NET. I would need to find a DLL I can reference from VB.NET to even interface with the keyboard. I simply don't have the time to code one myself.
    2. From what I can tell there is no simple way to print text on the LCD, and everything is done at the bitmap level. This means I have to write a substantial amount of code just to print a simple line of text.
    3. Since the keyboard driver can be 32-bit or 64-bit I need to have the Tracker detect this on initial setup and extract the correct DLL files.
    4. Handling different LCD sizes (G15 vs G19 for example)
    5. Adding the configuration options to enable/disable the keyboard LCD feature (relatively easy).

That said, this is something I may add at some point in the future. It is currently on my "want to do but nowhere near enough time to do it" list of features.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 pm