FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

problem recognising cores cpu type and cores

RETARD

problem recognising cores cpu type and cores Empty problem recognising cores cpu type and cores

Post by RETARD Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:17 am

After Installing my new i7-2600K the tracker recognises my cpu as Intel Penitium III Xeon Processor
    I am running XP Home
    GPU client also.
    The times of the unit seem fine for the moment.
    I am also unable to select -bigadv as it only recognises 1 core and 2 threads - even though i have 4 cores and 8 threads
    Is there a way to manually override this error or a properway to uninstall / reinstall the client
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

problem recognising cores cpu type and cores Empty Re: problem recognising cores cpu type and cores

Post by jedi95 Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 am

RETARD wrote:After Installing my new i7-2600K the tracker recognises my cpu as Intel Penitium III Xeon Processor
    I am running XP Home
    GPU client also.
    The times of the unit seem fine for the moment.
    I am also unable to select -bigadv as it only recognises 1 core and 2 threads - even though i have 4 cores and 8 threads
    Is there a way to manually override this error or a properway to uninstall / reinstall the client

This is a known problem under Windows XP, just use the -nocpudetect flag.
    RETARD

problem recognising cores cpu type and cores Empty Re: problem recognising cores cpu type and cores

Post by RETARD Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Thankyou jedi95,
    Do I apply this filter to the a shortcut for the tracker?
    Loving your program btw. It is a great tool for our teams new comers Very Happy
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

Post by jedi95 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:43 pm

RETARD wrote:Thankyou jedi95,
    Do I apply this filter to the a shortcut for the tracker?
    Loving your program btw. It is a great tool for our teams new comers Very Happy

Since this issue seams to affect a LOT of users I have decided to disable CPU detection limits on Windows XP. (meaning you can use any options regardless of the detected CPU) Allowing someone to enable -bigadv on a dualcore (which will do nothing) is a better option than not being able to use the SMP client with an i7. The only thing the Tracker uses the CPU info for right now is enabling the SMP client and the -bigadv option

Expect this change in the next stable release. In the mean time you can use the -nocpudetect flag by adding it at the end of the shortcut target.
    RETARD

Post by RETARD Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 am

Thankyou Jedi95

All sorted and looking forward to your further development on this great program Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:54 pm