FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

Multi User Feature

ShiftEvolve
    ShiftEvolve

Multi User Feature Empty Multi User Feature

Post by ShiftEvolve Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:42 am

I really am not sure what to call this feature, but I currently fold for two teams.

I would love a feature where I can load profiles or something. Basically I can load X profile and it will be setup for one team with all my data that I have input and I can fold. Then when I want to fold for the other team I can stop all clients and switch profiles.

I guess I can do it with two different GPU Tracker folders, but I'd love to have an all in one solution.
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

Multi User Feature Empty Re: Multi User Feature

Post by jedi95 Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 am

ShiftEvolve wrote:I really am not sure what to call this feature, but I currently fold for two teams.

I would love a feature where I can load profiles or something. Basically I can load X profile and it will be setup for one team with all my data that I have input and I can fold. Then when I want to fold for the other team I can stop all clients and switch profiles.

I guess I can do it with two different GPU Tracker folders, but I'd love to have an all in one solution.

I am not sure if this is needed if all you are doing is switching teams. You can change the team number at any time without restarting the clients, and the changes will be applied when the clients start the next WU. You can also use the XML config mode if you have multiple systems folding that you want to reconfigure at the same time.

And as you stated, the second option is to just have 2 Tracker folders. The only issue you might run into with this is that the Tracker is set to be single-instance. This is mostly due to the machine ID conflict problem with the clients.
    ShiftEvolve
    ShiftEvolve

Post by ShiftEvolve Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:34 am

Well I use different names, which means different passkeys.

As long as I stop and close one instance of the tracker, I can open my other one right?
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

Post by jedi95 Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:40 am

ShiftEvolve wrote:Well I use different names, which means different passkeys.

As long as I stop and close one instance of the tracker, I can open my other one right?

Yeah, that works fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:26 pm