FAH GPU Tracker V2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home Client tracking and control program

2 posters

updater 3.39 to 3.40 does not work

leexgx

updater 3.39 to 3.40 does not work Empty updater 3.39 to 3.40 does not work

Post by leexgx Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 pm

updater 3.39 to 3.40 does not work i had to Manuel replace the exe from the web site (both systems XP 32 and 2003 x64)

have you thought of making an native app that's not done in .net framework less bugs and kinks i would of thought (.net and me do not like Twisted Evil )

i have returned to running me SMP and GPU once i get one as an short cut for the time been as i do not like the FAH log file and que.dat been moved and wiped (HFM.net cant track last done work unit) and as well as that bigadv as far as i know does an send and receive work at the same time so 2-7 mins in time is lost due to -oneunit, but for users who do not have an clue on what to do this fah tracker is very good
    jedi95
    jedi95
    Dev Team Member

Job/hobbies : FAH GPU Tracker V2 Developer

updater 3.39 to 3.40 does not work Empty Re: updater 3.39 to 3.40 does not work

Post by jedi95 Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:03 pm

leexgx wrote:updater 3.39 to 3.40 does not work i had to Manuel replace the exe from the web site (both systems XP 32 and 2003 x64)

have you thought of making an native app that's not done in .net framework less bugs and kinks i would of thought (.net and me do not like Twisted Evil )

i have returned to running me SMP and GPU once i get one as an short cut for the time been as i do not like the FAH log file and que.dat been moved and wiped (HFM.net cant track last done work unit) and as well as that bigadv as far as i know does an send and receive work at the same time so 2-7 mins in time is lost due to -oneunit, but for users who do not have an clue on what to do this fah tracker is very good

I don't have any plans to make a native version of the Tracker at this time. This may change in the future, but for now .NET makes the most sense. Vista/Win7 have .NET 3.5 installed by default and it's a free download for XP so I don't really see the problem.

With bigadv the client will not start a new WU until the previous one has finished uploading. The only exception is when the work server is down and the completed WU can't be sent back. In these cases the Tracker will restart the client so that it will get a new WU. Basically, the -oneunit won't cause more than a few seconds of delay between WUs.

I can't seem to reproduce your problem with the updater, so I have to assume this is system specific for now.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm